2014/12/16

Wearing a mask - the typical winter scenery in Japan

No doubt wearing a mask became a standard practice in Japan. Needless to say, wearing a mask is "dos and don'ts" when people get sick. In addition to the situation of our being sick, the number of people who wear masks is increasing. Here are the pictures.




As you can see in the pictures, today I realized that the men who are working at the station, all wearing the masks en masse. And I saw a lot of people walking inside the station wearing masks. But don't be surprised, it's normal.

Most of the Japanese people believe that wearing a mask is effective for preventing colds. Maybe it's true, but as for me, it's very tough to wear it all day. It makes me feel bad and sometimes develop an illusion that I've caught a cold, since It's hard to breathe. But of course, I wear it if I catch a cold.


In my office, if someone gets a cold, all the employees are obliged to wear masks. I don't want to wear a normal white mask, so I usually wear this one. You might think what I'm saying is so funny, but a cute mask(for me) makes me feel good, though it's hard to breathe.




a mask of "opening ceremony "


By the way, seeing foreigners who are wearing masks, I think they might adapt to Japanese life. I rarely see this kind of foreigner, but sometimes I do. If you catch a cold, when you are staying in Japan, you should wear a mask. Because it's a kind of consideration for trying not to give others the cold. This is the Japanese style.


日本人にとってマスクは風邪の予防や風邪をひいた時に着用するのはあたり前となりましたね。この真冬の時期の外出時には、マスクを して出かけるという人も多いのではないでしょうか。この寒空の中、駅員さんが揃ってマスクをしていたり、町を歩く人たちがマスクをして通勤している姿を見て改めてマスク着用が定着したことを感じています。
でも、実は欧米ではマスクをする習慣がないということをご存知でしたか。時々日本でマスクをした外国人を見かけると、「ああ、この方はきっと日本の生活に慣れている んだな」と関心します。


No comments:

Post a Comment